Treat yourself to the life of a castle! Only 30 minutes from Lyon and 45 minutes from St Exupéry airport, 30 minutes from Macon TGV station, on the banks of the Saône, a beautiful 17th century pleasure house.
This castle is classified as one of the most beautiful jewels of the region. Built on the site of an ancient fortified house from the 12th century, Jean Sève, Receiver of Finances in the Generalitat of Lyon and Provost of the Merchants of this city, acquired the seigneury in 1606. This prestigious residence was rebuilt between 1610 and 1616. This "Italian-style" castle evokes the tranquillity of pleasure residences and the atmosphere of Italian villas and has retained a feudal structure with a moat, drawbridge and corner towers. Built of golden Beaujolais stone, it consists of a central three-storey building, which housed a consistory on the first floor and a Protestant temple on the upper floor. This central body, topped by a high roof, is flanked by two wings on two levels, constituting the owners' accommodation. It is flanked by two projecting square towers topped with imperial domes on the north side.
On the south side, it opens onto a double flight of stairs leading to a vast formal garden, and beyond to a wilder English-style park.
This neglected historical heritage was renovated in the 2000s by the current owners who have brought it back to life. The building is classified as a Historic Monument, as is the park, thus ensuring the protection of the immediate environment of this building and its 39.6 hectares.
The interior has many historical original features with its "modern empty staircase", i.e. open by arcades on a central void, and magnificent reception rooms crossing between the gardens on the south side and the courtyard on the north side, some flats have been restored, including one in Louis XV style. The former Temple on the second floor, with a space of 250 m² (2,691 sq ft), remains to be restored.
The residence has sumptuous original decorations with wall frescoes dating from 1632 by the Italian artist Pietro Ricchi, a Tuscan painter.
The basement, semi-buried, housed the kitchens. The boiler room is located on this level.
The estate includes numerous outbuildings: the caretaker's cottage at the entrance, which is only partially occupied, an old farmhouse that could accommodate families and guests, with its outbuildings and swimming pool, the parklands with their orchard, vegetable garden, topiaries and elegant driveway lined with plane trees.
Let yourself be seduced by the atmosphere of the place; for all information on this exceptional property, Claire Barralon Agence Michael Zingraf Real Estate, on 07 60 13 70 00, firstname.lastname@example.org